Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's!

Here are a few of my favorite phone images of all things that remind me of Valentine's Day!
In the name of all things pink, I stumbled in my photo archives on a little project for a guest room from a few months back. I bought this vintage Thomasville bamboo dresser for a song and intended to use it in a nursery. Since I wasn't expecting at the time, I decided to paint it a neutral color that would work well in our guest room. I chose a creamy color with a touch of pink to match a pigment in the room's curtain floral pattern. I diluted the original Martha Stewart color too much so unfortunately, it was a lighter color than my goal, but I've since warmed up to it.
I hope to eventually use it, along with some other Hollywood Regency style bamboo furniture I've collected, in a navy blue and white room. I love seeing bamboo furniture in bright pops of coral or creamy, lacquered white. It works in my mind, at least ;) A coral would be nice so I could accent the white hardware and white paint details. I hate to touch original paints and finishes on vintage furniture, but this time it had to go.
It's a tad more pink than shown below. The lighting was a bit dismal that day.
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your loved ones!

1 comment:

  1. I love all your furniture! You have such a talent. I still have my chair to finish and you've about finished your whole house. Your Valentine collage looks beautiful as well! And the garden dessert? I can't get over how perfect it is. I can't wait to see you guys the end of March! It's not coming soon enough. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete