Friday, December 9, 2011

Go-to Christmas Desserts

Excuse the absence; I've been working on a new, simpler blog design and it always takes me forever- especially during the busy Christmas season. It just flies by too fast, doesn't it? Today I'd love to share some of my go-to Christmas party desserts and treats with you. A few favorites consist of berry pavlova (named after a ballerina, it reminds me of the sugar plum fairies), plain madeleines (or coconut orange), russian tea-cakes, baklava, a yule log cake, and the pioneer woman's cinnamon rolls (I think they still can't beat my mom's, but they're very close and make a huge batch!) Here are the ones I made and actually got a picture of.
The pavlova meringue base after it bakes- Once you use a Silpat mat, you won't go back! (If you'd like the recipe for this one, it's got graham cracker in the crust and is in a book I have- I'd love to email it to you)
Madeleine's- Sometimes I add coconut and a little orange zest
I prefer to halve the Pioneer Woman's recipe, tamper with the frosting and omit the coffee and maple (just personal taste), and then wrap in give-a-way dishes wrapped in dark red cellophane and pretty ribbon.
Baklava made with phyllo, apricots, honey, almonds, bread crumbs, and walnuts.
A sugar cookie date night to start off December 1st
What are some of your favorite Christmas treats? Happy baking!

3 comments:

  1. Your Pavlova is so pretty!!! I need to try making that again and would love the recipe. All your treats look so yummy and very christmasy, they make me want to start baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the amazing advice! LOVED C Madeleines!!

    ReplyDelete