Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

(A fall arrangement my mom made for a pre-Thankgiving family dinner)
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I tried to post a few times last week but had some difficulties with blogger. This year, my husband and I enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing San Diego Thanksgiving with my my parents, siblings (except for one brother serving a church mission in Mexico), sister-in-law, baby nephew, and my aunt's family. I always feel so uplifted and happy around so much family, and it was such a joy to be there, especially around our new sweet nephew Hudson, who everyone fawns over. Can you blame us? With all his tummy, arm, and leg rolls and red cheeks, he looks like a little Santa.
(my sweet husband with my older brother's son)
Mom makes the dinner every year with a few of us adding extra dishes, Aunt Judy brings the pies, my sister, Annie, sets the table and makes place cards, I usually do the centerpieces, and my dad does the dishes (yikes!).
I look forward to the dinner all year- it has so many fond memories for me, like so many other families! Our Thanksgiving dinner includes turkey, mashed Idaho potatoes and turkey drippings gravy, yeast rolls (my grandma's recipe-my favorite), a green bean casserole, stuffing, a cranberry/pineapple dish, and candied sweet potatoes. This year my sister made a Bobby Flay brussels sprout dish and my sister-in-law Jess brought a family corn pudding dish- both were fantastic.
(My sister-in-law and I picked these beauties off a nearby tree)
I love Thanksgiving because it's all about gratitude, which brings joy. I'm so thankful this year for my abundance of blessings, especially my family, and also for the small trials in my life which have provided me with more faith, understanding, and empathy. I hope you're enjoying the beginning of the holiday Christmas season; can't wait to share some decorations and projects!

1 comment:

  1. Hudson is the cutest!! Oh man those cheeks are so nibbleishious!

    ReplyDelete