Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween, my sweets!
(Sorry for the blur)
How was your Halloween? Did you see any unusually good costumes? I think my favorite was a 40-something-year old man at our church Trunk-Or-Treat who was Justin Bieber- sporting his daughters skinny jeans, a Bieber wig, hat, and headphones. I really thought he was a teenager at first glance.

A few days ago after my husband re-seeded our front lawn, I thought about making this patch into a little graveyard (secretly hoping the hundred or so trick-or-treaters we've had tonight wouldn't walk all over the fresh grass- it worked!) We had some spare wood leftover from another project, so I tried to draw a template and go at them with a jigsaw. After cutting the wood and painting them grey, I just layered more paint on with sponges and painted cracks, looking online for ideas. It also helped to water down the paint and drip it from the top. Grant helped put them in the yard along with an overhead light and some hanging ghosts. They're no masterpiece, but if you were to see our neighbor's all-out haunted house, you'd understand why we had to do something... anything! His house pretty much looked like the Youtube Party Rock light show video that's been going around.
I'm trying to catch myself up on journaling past projects so I can delete some photos off of my computer. These are a few of last year's simple decorations, cards, and cupcakes for Grant's work (I've found that grocery stores charge pennies for their cupcake carriers- that's where I get mine). Nothing fancy, but I have fun making them. Working at a floral design studio in Florida, I was able to dry some hydrangeas and cover them in curly willow, spiders, and webs for a Miss Havisham feel. I love that with it dry, it can be on display year after year. In case you didn't see this last post and like Halloween decoration's, here are some more simple, inexpensive craft's from this year.
Hope it was a great, happy Halloween for you! :)

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I love it! So much fun! The graves look amazing! I wish I was as crafty as you. Your Halloween looks wonderful. I love the spooky bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The headstones are amazing!!! And the grass looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete